Why Teak ?
- Its longevity as the teak lives to an age of 100 years
- Teak is especially noted for its capacity to withstand changes in the weather and season
- Teak is simply the best hardwood in the world for outdoor teak furniture
- Teak is a close grained hardwood with high natural oil and rubber content
- Very Durable
- Very Strong
- Aesthetic appeal
- Natural Resistance to termites and insects
- Heat Moderation
- Resists rot and decay
- High Dimensional stability
- Moisture resistant
- Can be hand- carved
- Goes well with iron and other metals
Why Java Teak ?
We use Java teak wood in the manufacturing of our furniture. The very first plantations on the island of Java were planted long ago by the Dutch, who were the colonial power at the time.
Cultivation and conservation of the teak tree in Indonesia is managed by the government of Indonesia. The largest producer of teak in Indonesia is Java, Its geography and weather are highly suitable to teak tree plantations.
These plantations are now owned by the Indonesian Government Agency Perum Perhutani, which is responsible for the control of these teak farms.
We have our own manufacturing center in Indonesia where many furniture workers are employed to process the wood of the teak tree into unique and beautiful furniture.